Akamai’s solutions engineering manager, the CTO of Bad Robot, the media and entertainment security lead for Microsoft Azure and the content security director for BBC Studios are all set to share the latest on cybersecurity and content protection at the July 25 Media & Entertainment Day event in New York City.
Here’s a look at the Content Protection Summit East portion of the day’s programming:
• Following opening remarks from the heads of the Content Delivery & Security Association (CDSA) and Scott Bounds, U.S. media and cable industry lead for Microsoft, Roger Cressey, NBC’s counter-terrorism analyst and former presidential advisor, will deliver the keynote address “Managing Cyber Risk in an Interconnected Workplace is Everyone’s Responsibility.” Click herefor more details.
• Ritika Tandon, solutions engineering manager for Akamai, will share the latest on major credential stuffing attacks impacting the industry, and look at the cyberattack trends that targeted media and entertainment companies over the past year, in the session “Credential Stuffing: Attacks and Economies.”
•”Leak or Breach?: Long-Tail Risk Mitigation in M&E” will see Mark Arana, CDSA board member, Tom Mendelboim, CTO for Bad Robot, and Alex Pickering, global content security director for BBC Studios, discussing the security challenges M&E faces in delivering global content for consumers, and the approach needed to create a stronger chain using a combination of stakeholder engagement, incident management and vendor cooperation.
• Chris Taylor, director of ME-ISAC, will share how crucial threat intelligence has become for the media and entertainment industry, and how it fits into your security program, why you need it and how it helps your company stay safe online, in the presentation “How Threat Intelligence Protects M&E Content.”
• “Get it to the Cloud (Evolving Your Edit Pipeline)” sees Joel Sloss, senior lead of M&E security for Microsoft Azure, sharing how to secure editorial environments to effectively enable cloud-scale workflows, in both hybrid and cloud-native architectures, allowing editors to work from anywhere.
• Cyril Rickelton-Abdi, co-chair of the CDSA’s Production Security Working Group, Ben Stanbury, CDSA chairman, and Lulu Zezza, chair of the Production Security Working Group, will be on stage for the discussion “Production Security: Strategies and Best Practices,” where they’ll share best practices for analysis, integration and adoption of tools and technologies in the M&E industry, with an emphasis on collaborative approaches to production security in the cloud.
• The closing keynote of Content Protection Summit East has Shelley Klingerman, author and and the CEO and founder of Stiletto Agency, presenting “Protecting the Most Important Asset … YOU!“ Click here for more details.
The Media & Entertainment Day is being produced by the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA), in association with the Content Delivery & Security Association (CDSA), the Hollywood IT Society (HITS) and the Smart Content Council, and is presented by Microsoft, with sponsorship by Akamai, BTI Studios, RSG Media, LiveTiles, MarkLogic, ThinkAnalytics, Amazon Web Services, the Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR), the Trusted Partner Network (TPN) and Richey May Technology Solutions.
To showcase your company’s solutions and services at Media & Entertainment Day contact: Christian Calson at [email protected], 310-945-6284.