What started years ago as Metadata Madness — a gathering of metadata specialists in the industry — and evolved into the Smart Content Summit — looking at industry applications of Big Data, AI, machine learning, automation and blockchain — has become the Smart Content Summit, a full-day program dedicated to the next technology phases of our industry’s products, productions and processes.
The second annual Smart Content Summit will be held March 4, 2020 at the Skirball Center in Los Angeles, featuring a full day of programming looking at how Hollywood and Silicon Valley work together to transform how content is created, how businesses are run, and how consumers are engaged.
Among the agenda topics attendees can look forward to:
• The Players of Players: This opening session sets the stage for UX and UI by gathering the top providers of player technology in media and entertainment. With a development cycle that sometimes can exceed twelve months, it is critical to get ahead of the development curve. Learn from these experts about the next generation of player and consumer experience to drive your innovation in this new supply chain.
• Smart Supply Chain: As data and processes become more efficient, more reliable, and more transparent, the opportunities to expand the linkage to the audience increases the bottom line. Experts will provide insights around creating Smart Supply Chains that are indeed actually Smarter.
• Developing Strategies for Audience Engagement & Viewership: OTT, VOD, DTC … every service today needs the “smart” building blocks of substantial data gathering and analytics on KPIs to be successful in acquiring, retaining and satisfying your subscribers.
• Morning Technology Showcases: Attendees will be able to choose among several multi-track breakout sessions, where industry experts will share innovative ideas, processes, and perspectives in an interactive and intimate way with the audience.
• The New “Men In Black”: Meet the new “Men & Women in Black” – Data Scientists. They are taking over and bringing the power of AI, Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining & Machine Learning for innovative discovery and deep customer insight. These highly sought after skilled agents are helping their organizations avoid the evil pitfalls of bad data mining and leverage good data for the benefit of content and ultimately the consumer.
• SMART Engagement: Discovery and Innovations in M&E: As programming options proliferate, consumers inundated with thousands of options for content consumption. Recommendation engines are challenged to help viewers “or their content owner’s customer” find their next binge-worthy show. How does effective data strategy optimize content recommendation and personalization for discoverability? This session discusses data strategies for successful consumer engagement.
• Metadata & Feeding the Marketing Machine: As the volume of marketing activity and supporting content increases, the complexity of managing your data strategy grows exponentially. As teams manage an increasing number of marketing programs, how do accurately plan, organize, and measure for KPIs at a detailed level? This session reveals tips and insider knowledge on how metadata is the secret sauce!
• Smart Archive: This session discusses the principles and priorities for continuously improving and innovating your organizations archive. How do we handle the massive amount of information being compiled in the content creation process? What options do we have to preserve beyond the cloud? Archive activists will provide expert opinion on how to preserve the past to monetize the present and future-proof our content.
The Smart Hollywood Summit is produced by the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) and the Smart Content Council, which meets regularly to share best practices, evaluate emerging technologies and collaborate to accelerate the pace of transformation in our industry.