NYC Feb. 23rd Event Focuses on Advertising & Interoperabililty; LA March 9 Event Highlights Data, AI & Metadata
The Media & Entertainment Services Alliances (MESA) 2017 Event Calendar kicks off in late February and early March with two back-to-back, coast-to-coast Smart Content Summits. The association’s February 23rd event at Microsoft Technology Center in New York will focus on recent advancements and best practices in Advertising & Broadcast Interoperability; this will be followed two weeks later by LA’s third-annual Smart Content Summit, focusing on Data, AI and Metadata Madness.
From data analytics to artificial intelligence, studios, broadcasters and their partners are reinventing their digital supply chains with smart content and systems. Now in its third year, the Smart Content Summit will provide an annual, regional update on best practices, industry data initiatives and the tools that they use to make their content more identifiable, accessible and useable.
“Executives in New York and LA have their own perspectives on how smart content can transform the way their media & entertainment is produced, stored and distributed. Now in its third year Smart Content Summit West will again feature our popular Metadata Madness Luncheon and will focus on how data and new AI technologies are transforming the entertainment supply chain. Meanwhile, our growing New York community has a specific need to exchange smart content best practices among advertising and broadcast partners,” says MESA Executive Director Guy Finley.
Conference Chair for Smart Content Summit East is Harold Geller, Chief Growth Officer, Ad-ID. Mary Yurkovic, director of the MESA Smart Content Council, is Conference Chair for Smart Content Summit West.
The preliminary program for the February 23rd Smart Content Summit in New York will feature sessions and presentations including:
- Cross-Platform Advertising Best Practices and Challenges
- Interop: The Promise and Perils of Highly Interconnected Systems
- Product Placement and Branded Entertainment
- CTAM TV Everywhere
- Smart Advertising Workflows and Measurement
Meanwhile, the preliminary program for the March 9 Summit in Los Angeles will feature sessions and presentations, including:
– Advancements in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Media & Entertainment
– The Role of Content, Data and APIs in the Internet of Things
– Metadata Madness: Adopting and Implementing an Industry-wide Metadata Schema
– Turning Social Media Analytics into Actionable Data
– Cradle to Grave: The ‘Smart’ Entertainment Supply Chain
For more information about Smart Content Summit East visit:
For more information about Smart Content Summit West visit: