- To enable the business transformation of the entertainment industry through information technology by developing, advancing, and disseminating best technology, practices, knowledge, and research for the physical and digital media.
- To foster the development of supply chain innovations to enable efficient, customer-centric B2B relationships through supply chain management innovations.
- To encourage and promote collaboration in IT solutions for shared and outsourced services.
- To create a community of thought and practice leaders from the business, professional association and academic information through exchange, shared services and collaboration.
While there are numerous IT groups and conferences, what distinguishes HITS from others is that it is specifically a studio-centric entertainment industry effort, providing a unique platform for sharing solutions in non-competitive areas. It is able to achieve synergies amongst divisions of studios – motion pictures, TV and home entertainment divisions — and has the combined strength through collaboration to drive industry solutions for the physical as well as the digital world of entertainment.
The founding member companies of HITS believe significant opportunities exist to address the systematic challenges and business opportunities of the integrated and automated entertainment enterprise including:
• Supply chain processes
• Production workflows
• Asset management and
• Distribution of digital entertainment content
The primary activities of HITS are regular meetings and an annual conference (The Hollywood IT Summit, also called HITS), with webinars, research and special interest groups to be planned in the future.
As facilitated by MESA, members meet every 6 to 8 weeks for a two-hour breakfast to identify problems and opportunities, present solutions and develop game plans for pursuit that will make a difference in the efficacy of the supply chain of the industry. The presentations are made by studios as well as service providers.
For service providers, membership in the society is complimentary to Advisory Board members of MESA. For content holders, membership and benefits are determined by the Board of Directors and dues are paid on an annual basis.
For more information about membership, please contact Guy Finley, Executive Director, MESA by calling (917)513-5963 or e-mailing [email protected]