Women in Technology Hollywood (WiTH) is bringing back its popular Women’s SoCal Leadership Summit on Oct 7, this time as an all-online event.
Running from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. PT, SoCal Women’s Leadership Summit 2020 will be designed to inform and inspire attendees on topics covering diversity, leadership and technology, with presentations and breakout sessions tackling the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the social equality movement.
The event will conclude with the annual WiTH Leadership Awards, honoring the women and men who serve as technology role models and mentors in communities, and who empower women to be leaders.
In addition to a keynote presentation — “A Technology-Informed Diversity Journey” — delivered by Jeanne Holm, senior tech advisor and chief data officer for the City of Los Angeles, attendees of the event can expect a wide range of presentations and panels, including:
• “Evolving Leadership from Good to Great,” which will examine the skill sets needed today to manage remote teams, implement emerging technologies, and facilitate communication in the entertainment industry.
• “Research and Insights: Managing the Human and Business Impact of COVID-19,” covering how consumers’ attitudes, behaviors and purchasing habits have changed during the pandemic, and how studios and networks can best respond accordingly.
• “Leveraging Neuroscience for Unbiased Leadership,” offering a deep dive into how neuroscience is being used to understand and change bias, helping attendees understand how to create new strategies to proactively manage the impact of chronic stress.
• “Driving Inclusion: Effective Strategies to Tackle Bias,” where presenters will share insights into why unconscious bias happens, how it impacts individuals, teams, and organizations, and what leaders can do to overcome these biases, to create a work environment that values diversity and inclusion.
• “Leading Through COVID-19: Remote Work Now and Beyond,” a topic on everyone’s mind in the industry, with the session addressing the remote work challenges most impacting organizations and the best practices that will get team members safely back to work.
• “The Impact of Working with Virtual Tools,” with “Zoom fatigue taking center stage, and how to overcome the exhaustion, depression and a lack of focus sometimes associated with this digital-only interaction during work hours.
• “Women Leaders and Economic Recovery,” which will explore how women are uniquely equipped to rescue their organizations during uncertain times, featuring case studies of women shaping their organizations for the new normal.
Other presentations on the docket:
• “Reverse Mentoring and Equitable Workplaces”
• “Tackling Bias (AI and human) in the Recruitment Process”
• “How to Be Your Authentic Self in the Workplace”
• “It’s Time to Change the Money Game”
To sponsor SoCal Women’s Leadership Summit 2020, contact Evie Silvers at [email protected].