Before the show floor even opens for CES 2019, MESA president Guy Finley, Needham & Company’s Laura Martin, and Ooyala’s founder and CTO Belsasar Lepe and CEO Jonathan Huberman will host a newsmaker conversation exploring “The Business of Video: Insider Insights for Going Global.”
Running 4:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 7 at Piero’s Italian, 355 Convention Center Drive, Las Vegas, the free event will look at how today’s relentless stream of content is creating a shift in the business of video, with spiraling content costs making ROI more difficult than ever.
In order to capture the attention of a global, organizations need to overcome the barriers of managing complex and fast-growing inventories of video and navigating evolving standards, devices and platforms.
Other topics to be discussed:
• Going Global: How do you go global? Don’t tastes and interests vary from culture to culture? How can services scale from a niche to Netflix? And how can sports grow in a global, on demand OTT-delivered world?
• The Cost of Content: Can spiraling content costs be recouped through the current SVOD model? How does it compare with the AVOD model? Is there a new model we haven’t seen yet, that better addresses the need to recoup costs – such as AT&T’s three-tiered streaming service offering?
• OTT Misconceptions: Only 33% of cord-cutters plan to use paid OTT services as a pay-tv substitute. What are the other 68% doing? What other misconceptions are prevalent about streaming services?
• Hyper-Local Content: Hyper-local content is becoming a new model in streaming strategies. This presents challenges for everyone from regional sports broadcasters to OTT giants. What does hyper-local mean for OTT, and how could that change the industry?
• Future Forecast: Not everyone will survive. Who will the winners be, and what will the next 5 years look like?
To register for this free event, click here.