Among the focus areas of the July 24 Media & Entertainment Day at the Microsoft Conference Center in New York is Smart Content Summit East, a track that will see media and entertainment experts tackle everything from the use of artificial intelligence in video content to the importance of data.
Along with keynote presentations from Ted Farnsworth, chairman and CEO of MoviePass parent Helios & Matheson Analytics and CEO of Zone Technologies, and Kim Jackson, founder and president of entertainment for SingularDTV, here’s a look at what Smart Content Summit East attendees will be treated to:
• In “Unlock the Power of Smart Content with the Right (Data) Pattern,” Matt Turner, CTO of MarkLogic, will share how data is being used today to make content smarter.
• Daniel Goss, VP of innovation and experience for LiveTiles, looks at the differences between digital and intelligent transformation in the workplace, in the presentation “From Digital Transformation to Intelligent Transformation.”
• The session “Video AI: What’s In Your Content?” has Martin Wahl, principal program manager for Microsoft’s Azure Media Services taking a deep dive into Azure’s Cloud AI video indexing service, which allows users to achieve automatic metadata curation from uploaded video content.
• Emily Hopson-Hill, VP of services for Ooyala, will walk attendees through the value of investments which create and connect horizontal platforms in the presentation “Survive and Thrive – The Value of the Connected Supply Chain.”
• “Inside the Mind of Watson” will have Tim MacGregor, worldwide technical sales for IBM Watson Media, sharing what Watson is capable of for media and entertainment companies looking to leverage the service’s expanding understanding and capabilities.
• Liam Morrison, senior solutions architect for Amazon Web Services, offers insight into practical applications of artificial intelligence in the cloud for those working with visual content in the presentation “Practical Applications of Machine Learning for Image and Video in the Cloud.”
• “Demystifying Language Metadata” has Yonah Levenson, manager of taxonomy for HBO, discussing new language standards and how HBO is using them to better support global distribution.
• David Dwyer, VP of analytics development, and Chris Wagner, EVP of marketplace strategy and co-founder, with NeuLion, will share the latest regarding the company’s real-time “Watch Data” service.
• Smart Content Summit East will also feature the presentations “Smart Advertising: Advancing the Medium (for the Message)” and “How OBID Transforms Unique Identifiers.”
The 2018 Media & Entertainment Day is presented by Microsoft, with sponsorship from IBM Watson Media, Amazon Web Services, IBM, LiveTiles, Microsoft Azure, Luxoft, NAGRA, NeuLion, Ooyala, GrayMeta, MarkLogic and Qumulo. The event is produced by the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA), the Content Delivery & Security Association (CDSA), the Hollywood IT Society (HITS) and the Smart Content Council.
To register, click here. For regular program updates visit the event website at MESAlliance.org/MICROSOFTME. And to showcase your company’s solutions and services at Media & Entertainment Day contact Christian Calson at Christian@MESAlliance.org, 310-945-6284.