The winter edition of the “M&E Journal,” published by the Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA), and geared toward senior media and entertainment executives who oversee their companies’ digital futures, is now available as a digital download.
The 122-page production features insights from nearly 40 of the industry’s best and brightest, from Ad-ID to Zoo Digital.
Broken up in five industry areas — security, workflows, cloud creation, data and smart content — the “M&E Journal” also features columns from companies including YuMe and Evolution Digital, along with though pieces from MESA’s executive leadership.
Here’s a quick look at what’s included in each section:
• For “Security Solutions,” NexGuard’s Harrie Tholen tackles how security and the advent of high dynamic range are surprisingly connected, while Ruth Vitale of CreativeFuture tackles how independents are having trouble fitting into a Content ID world.
• In “New Workflows,” Mario Kenyon and Francine Marchetti from Furious M look at Hollywood’s progress in virtual reality, and Bhanu Srikanth of Giant Interactive tackles the new workflow challenged of Ultra High-Def Blu-ray Disc.
• For “Cloud Creation,” Joel Sloss of Microsoft Azure offers insights into cinema compliance in a cloud-centric world, while Alex Godelman from Cast & Crew Entertainment Services looks at how the cloud can be leveraged to digitize and transform the production lifecycle.
• In “Data Driven” readers will find Marc Jensen from space150 looking at what marketers can get from virtual reality analytics, and Brian Morris from Tata Communications sharing why broadcasters need to look at non-traditional content.
• For “Smart Content,” Harold Geller from Ad-ID tackles new efficiencies and productivities in the M&E space, while Michael Kadenacy from My Eye Media looks at the advances in avails, and how crucial they are today.