Women in Technology: Hollywood (WiTH) Announces Winners of Inaugural Leadership Awards
Presentations to be made at HITS: Spring, May 25 in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES — Women in Technology: Hollywood (WiTH), an organization that serves as a catalyst for the advancement of women in entertainment technology, has announced the winners of its 1st Annual Leadership Awards, scheduled to be presented at MESA’s upcoming HITS: Spring Conference on May 25, 2017 at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Los Angeles. The winners are:
- Vicky Colf, Chief Technology Officer, Warner Bros. Studios
- As CTO, Vicky oversees the Studio’s portfolio of technology services and solutions, and is also responsible for the Studio’s technology strategy, research and development. Previously, she served at Warner as Executive Vice President, Worldwide Content Servicing and Digital Solutions, where she oversaw the development of the entertainment industry’s first digital supply chain. Vicky is also known at Warner Bros. for her continued dedication to providing opportunities to help foster girls interested in STEAM careers.
- Denise Evans, Chief Information Officer, Miramax Studios
- Denise is responsible for all IT operations and initiatives at Miramax. Previously, she was Vice President of IT at MGM for eight years. She also served as Vice President of Operations and IT for Mitsubishi and Bell Industries and has been an IT professional in Southern California for over 37 years. Denise is a true role model for women around her. They think of her as a great listener, and at the same time, very decisive. Throughout her career, Denise is known to embolden those around her by providing opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Cindy McKenzie, Chief Information Officer, Deluxe Entertainment Services Group
- Cindy has over 20 years’ experience in IT leadership roles across multiple industries, including Media and Entertainment, Engineering and Construction, and Financial Services. Previously she was Vice President of Information Technology for Jacobs Engineering, Managing Director at PwC, and Senior Vice President, Information Technology for Fox Entertainment Group. She is also a co-founder of STEM Advantage and the development of this non-profit organization has been instrumental with helping female students identify intern opportunities to assist in their career development.
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s WiTH Leadership Award winners. Their participation in the advancement of women in entertainment technology has made a significant difference to the women and young girls around them. This recognition is well-deserved!
In honor of the winners and nominees of this year’s inaugural program, WiTH will be donating 100% of all revenues from Awards sponsorships to three charity organizations that consistently deliver on the same goals as the WiTH organization: The Coding Boot Camp at UCLA Extension, Girls Who Code, and STEM Advantage.
The WiTH Steering Committee, which includes representatives from women’s organizations at 20th Century Fox Television, Lionsgate, Miramax, NBCUniversal, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Bros. Entertainment and The Walt Disney Company, selected this year’s nominees and winners based on their service as technology-career role models and mentors in our communities, empowering women to be bold leaders.
Women in Technology: Hollywood (WiTH) is a vital professional organization of over 600 members that focuses on the unique position of women in today’s dynamic tech-driven entertainment industry. This powerful consortium began in March 2014 in an informal women’s reading circle at Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) and quickly evolved into a full-fledged employee business resource group at the studio with over 250 members. WiTH, an independent industry organization, was established the following month to facilitate cross-studio women’s group communications and to address pressing issues specific to women technology executives in Hollywood: leadership, business and technology skills development, mentorship, negotiation, career development, vision, management, community engagement, empowerment, self-confidence and work/life balance.
To join the WiTH organization by sponsoring a donation to the selected charities, and to celebrate women’s technology leadership in Hollywood, contact: Garrett Randall at [email protected]
For additional information, and to register to attend the WiTH Leadership Awards at HITS: Spring, visit www.hollywoodITsummit.com